Naked Cake - for an autumnal cake table
Pumpkin pie with apple and pear purée, vanilla cream and caramelized hazelnuts
Ingredients: (for a cake with a diameter of 20 cm)
o 4 organic eggs
o 100 g raw cane sugar
o 40 g organic honey
o 400 g pumpkin, Hokkaido or butternut
o 100 ml vegetable oil, e.g. hazelnut oil, mild olive oil, rapeseed oil
o 50 ml of mineral water o 280 g spelled flour
o 2 teaspoons of tartar baking powder
o 1 pinch of salt
o 1 teaspoon cake spice (a mixture of cinnamon, clove and nutmeg)
o 120 g hazelnuts
o Butter + flour for the cake tins
o 250 g whipped cream
o 350 g cream cheese
o ¼ teaspoon vanilla, ground, e.g. from Sonnentor
o 3-4 teaspoons of organic honey
o 4-5 drops of essential lemon oil or zest 1 organic lemon
o 100 g hazelnuts
o 1 teaspoon organic honey
o 1 pinch of cinnamon, to taste
o 2 drops of lemon essential oil
1. Grease three cake tins, each 20 cm in diameter, with butter and sprinkle with flour. Preheat the oven to 180 ° Celcius convection.
2. For the cake, grate the pumpkin finely with a kitchen grater (you don't have to peel the Hokkaido, but you do have to peel the butternut).
3. Beat the eggs with the sugar and honey with the food processor for 3-4 minutes until frothy.
4. Coarsely chop or grind the hazelnuts.
5. Mix the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and hazelnuts.
6. Slowly add the oil with the mineral water to the whipped egg mixture and stir in.
7. Alternately add the flour mixture and the grated pumpkin to the mixture and fold in (ideally with a whisk or rubber spatula).
8. Spread the cake mixture on the three tins and bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes. Fall out of the molds and let cool down completely.
9. For the cream, mix the cream with the cream cheese together until stiff and creamy. Add vanilla, honey and lemon oil and mix in.
10. Place the first cake bases on a cake plate. Brush with 4-5 tablespoons of apple and pear puree and spread with 1/3 of the cream. Place the second shelf on top and repeat the process twice.
11. For the caramelized hazelnuts, roast the nuts in a pan until they smell wonderful. Add honey, lemon oil and cinnamon, toss and glaze the nuts. Let cool down.
12. Decorate the cake with the nuts on top. Sprinkle with dried flowers if you like.