About Son de Flor
The tale of Son de Flor started just like all the fairy tales do: ‘Once upon a time, in a small country near the big sea, there lived two sisters…’ And indeed, everything started with two sisters, weary from chasing seasons in a fast fashion industry and being sure, that there is a way of slowing this world down a little by creating permanent beauty, without the urge of constant consumption.
"Just like that dress still worn by their mother every Christmas Eve ever since they could remember… Why no one makes such dresses anymore?"
So we did. An elegant classic Peter Pan collar dress with a charming twirl from the best linen we could find in the small country near the big Baltic sea. That dress is so much more than meets the eye. It’s calm and safety. It’s home. It’s laughter round the dining table. It’s comfort and assurance. It’s modest and yet standing out. No chase of trends, nor seasons. Timeless. Feminine. Charming. Subtle.
Today we are lucky to count on our devoted team, taking care of every dress leaving our beautiful Son de Flor office.
Before we jump to the founders and the administrative part of our team, please meet our sewing, construction, and production know-how! Everything that we do not outsource to the local manufacturers, all the samples, customizations, and your special dreams are made by the hands of these 3 incredible women.
Meet Rita, our silent and busy bee.
Jolanta, the whisperer of linen, our thorough and diligent help.
And Kristina, our travel enthusiast, beautiful storyteller, and sound mind behind every dreamy idea our designer Vaida might come up with.
As mentioned above, Son de Flor was founded by two sisters Indre and Vaida, both very different in nature, yet getting along incredibly well.
Vaida, the co-founder and the creative soul of the company. Besides her dreamy nature and too many ideas in her head, Vaida also stands behind every Son de Flor dress and picture! Keep on dreaming, sister, we love what you dreams are looking like once dressed in linen!
Indre on the other hand is standing on firm grounds and keeps the company in one place once Vaida is sitting on her cloud number 9! Indre is our general manager, curating strategy, finance, accounting and checking that everything works smoothly! Have we mentioned Indre is also a triathlon enthusiast? Well she is, getting ready for an Ironman contest in the months to come!
Take a look at Monika! Monika takes care of our production processes, so that every idea planned on paper turns into stock on the right time in the right place from the right fabrics, color & size! Otherwise Monika can help in any issue arising in the company, including packing, shipping, tracking, customer care, and/or daily communication support on social media channels. She is the smartest, most beautiful, loyal, and unproblematic person we know in Lithuania, but maybe also on Earth?
Our ‘fashionista’, the sharp mind & gentle soul, the e-commerce guru - Indre. She stands behind our website optimization and quite a few other areas only the Z generation can handle naturally.
Finally, Rimante! The most recent member of Son de Flor family. Every parcel you receive is selected, packed and sealed by the hands of this curly hair soul. And these hands are full of patience, calm and joy. We hope you feel it with every box unpacked!
Before we close, we are proud to say that we know by heart all the chains involved in our production process.
- Our linen comes from a local producer with all the yarns being raised in EU. We know who works in the company and we can assure absolutely fair production and Oeko-Tex®100 certification.
- We outsource our garments, which are not produced in our laboratory, to local producers complying with EU regulations, respectful working conditions and salaries. In fact, we love working with a company hiring women with hearing disorders.
- All our dresses are stone-washed and softened by a small family-owned company calling their softening machines by names! If you ever receive greetings from Odyssey or Neptune, don’t be surprised – it’s the softening machines being naughty…
- We are using no plastic in wrapping and delivery of our garments and urging you to use less due to the terrible things it’s making to our planet-home Earth.
- And finally, we are lucky to be born and raised in a country with rich flax cultivation tradition. In fact, the traditions of the flax plant cultivation and processing in Lithuania stretch back several thousand years before the world got involved into the race of rush. Together with the other two Baltic States, we have given a special place in our folklore and overall perception of the world to linen and the quality of this textile has always been appreciated in our respective countries. We have linen in our DNA, thus we kindly ask you to trust us in dealing with it on your behalf.
That's Your Son de Flor. Nice to meet you so much! We appreciate all your love and support in these turbulent times. Your attention and every purchase impact directly every single member of our team.