The tale of Son de Flor started just like all the fairy tales do: ‘Once upon a time, in a small country near the big sea, there lived two sisters…’ And indeed, everything started with two sisters, weary from chasing seasons in a fast fashion industry and being sure, that there is a way of slowing this world down a little by creating permanent beauty, without the urge of constant consumption.
"Just like that dress still worn by their mother every Christmas Eve ever since they could remember… Why no one makes such dresses anymore?"
So we did. An elegant classic Peter Pan collar dress with a charming twirl from the best linen we could find in the small country near the big Baltic sea. That dress is so much more than meets the eye. It’s calm and safety. It’s home. It’s laughter around the dining table. It’s comfort and assurance. It’s modest and yet standing out. No chase of trends, nor seasons. Timeless. Feminine. Charming. Subtle.
MEET THE TEAM
Today we are lucky to count on our devoted team, taking care of every dress leaving our beautiful office of Son de Flor.
Before we jump to the founders and the administrative part of our team, please meet our sewing, construction, and production know-how! Everything that we do not outsource to the local manufacturers, all the samples, customizations, and your special dreams are made by the hands of these four incredible women:
As mentioned above, Son de Flor was founded by two sisters Indre and Vaida.
Both very different in nature, yet getting along incredibly well.
Moving on to the administrative part of our beloved team, we have the most exceptional people working with us to fulfill the dream of Son de Flor. From our customer service, stock and packaging fairies, to the marketing and e-commerce goddesses.
we felt we’ve found a missing part of the puzzle to become a world-known
fashion brand with impact! Now it’s just a question of time!
Before we close, we are proud to say that we know by heart all the chains involved in our production process.
- Our linen comes from a local producer with all the yarns being raised in EU. We know who works in the company and we can assure absolutely fair production and Oeko-Tex®100 certification.
- We outsource our garments, which are not produced in our laboratory, to local producers complying with EU regulations, respectful working conditions and salaries. In fact, we love working with a company hiring women with hearing disorders.
- All our dresses are stone-washed and softened by a small family-owned company calling their softening machines by names! If you ever receive greetings from Odyssey or Neptune, don’t be surprised – it’s the softening machines being naughty…
- We are using no plastic in wrapping and delivery of our garments and urging you to use less due to the terrible things it’s making to our planet-home Earth.
- And finally, we are lucky to be born and raised in a country with rich flax cultivation tradition. In fact, the traditions of the flax plant cultivation and processing in Lithuania stretch back several thousand years before the world got involved into the race of rush. Together with the other two Baltic States, we have given a special place in our folklore and overall perception of the world to linen and the quality of this textile has always been appreciated in our respective countries.
We have linen in our DNA, thus we kindly ask you to trust us in dealing with it on your behalf!