Celebrating Spring with Raw Chocolate Cake
Everything feels so alive! So to celebrate this lovely time of the year we would love to share this delicious Raw Chocolate Cake Recipe. It is so easy to make but it is incredibly delicious!
Prep time: 20 to 25 min. Cook time: 3 hours.
Ingredients for the crust:
- 400g of Date paste or Dates
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Ingredients for the filling:
- 400g of Silken Tofu
- 200g of Melted dark chocolate (I chose 70% Cocoa Organic Dark Chocolate) or raw chocolate
Make date paste by yourself: If you’re using whole dates, pulse them in a food processor or blender until they’re in small pieces.
- Soak the walnuts in boiling water for half an hour (don’t cook). Dry and rinse before starting to make the cake crust.
- Blend dates and chopped walnuts in a blender until it becomes a sticky paste.
- Take the dish you would like your cake to be served in. Press the crust to paste in a 6-inch (or bigger, whatever works best for you) and put it in the fridge to wait for the filling to be prepared.
- Put all the filling ingredients: Melted Chocolate and Silken Tofu in a cleaned blender and pulse until the mixture becomes silky and smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust and let to set in the fridge for 3 hours.
Before serving, you can put your favorite fruits or even edible flowers in celebration of this lovely season.
Thank you Dear Kiko for sharing this recipe with us!